Monday, March 21, 2016

Why I Choose To Serve



The answer to this is simple. The Bible tells us many times to have a servants heart. Matthew 20:28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom to many.
Now, although I do not expect anything at all in return for the blessings I bestow on others the Bible tells me, like it or not, I will be blessed in return. Luke 6:38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
I can find no better reasons to bless others than because the Bible tells me to and because I get an incredible blessing from doing so. A simple smile from anyone whom Jesus chooses to cross my path gives me such hope in humanity. I feel honored when a homeless person reaches out to shake my hand. Seeing a child get crayons and a coloring book for the first time causes my heart to swell with love. Some people feel as if it takes a lot of money to bless others. Believe me, this is not so. Sure, if one has a lot of extra money laying around that they can't figure out what to do with, there are plenty of charities who will take it. I don't have that kind of money and most of my readers don't either so this is a place to come for ideas of ways to bless in a very economical way.

Have a blessed day my friends,
Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment